Street Opening/Right-of-Way Occupancy

The Village requires a permit to dig into streets to access utilities, install new utilities and other purposes. A permit is required when boring in the right-of-way. A permit is also requires to place items in the right-of-way above ground (i.e. mobile tower, dumpster, portable storage unit, etc.). The permit requirement applies to residential and commercial zoning districts. The form below should be used for these and similar applications.

Some temporary accessory uses are allowed but may have supplemental regulations associated with their use. A separate Temporary Accessory Use Zoning Permit is available for: portable storage units (not in right-of-way), storage of construction material/equipment, promotional activities (commercial), open house signs, temporary outdoor sales/display area, etc.

© 2014 Copyright - All Rights Reserved